Following are some of my favorite parts and quotes from the book.
1) The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
– Robert Frost
2) Deep into that darkness peering, long
I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal
Ever dared to dream before.
– Edgar Allan Poe
3) Sam Tanner was mad… Mad with jealousy, with drugs, with desperation. Now he’d destroyed the object of his obsession.
4) He wondered how it was possible that he’d never stopped loving her and what either of them, both of them, were going to do about it. –Noah Brady
5) I’ve never been the same. -Noah Brady
6) Noah: ‘So how about a date when we get back?’
Olivia: ‘Excuse me?’
Noah: ‘A date, you know. Dinner, a movie, making out in my rental car.’
Olivia: ‘I thought you’d be heading back to L.A. soon.’
Noah: ‘I can work anywhere. You’re here.’
7) I keep trying to take a step back from you. You keep moving forward. –Olivia MacBride
8) Noah’s Mum: ‘And you can wipe that smirk off your face right now, young man.’
Noah: ‘Sorry. I thought I heard you say something about you being quiet.’
Mum: ‘I’ll ignore that, and tell you how much I appreciate you choosing a woman I can admire, respect and love.’
Noah: ‘I didn’t choose her. I think I ran out of choices the minute I saw her.’