Following are some of my favorite parts and quotes from the book.
The funny thing about some of these are that they’re quite similar to George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice And Fire. 😀 People who have read the books or watched the series will notice!! 😀
1) Time, current, storms – they spread things out. –Mathew Lassiter
2) Losing the grip on emotions made a man vulnerable, caused him to make foolish mistakes. –Silas VanDyke
3) Present – The now, the here, through which all future plunges to the past. –James Joyce
4) I’m never working to make ends meet again, never doing what needs to be done and forgetting what I want. –Mathew Lassiter [Most favorite quote ❤]
5) But the night was wild and full of voices.
6) Lassiters always pay their debts.
7) I’ll take what is mine. –Mathew Lassiter
8) I had the mistaken belief that common sense would outweigh lust. –Tate Beaumont